About the program:
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance and to educate patient’s following a cardiac event or surgery. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our Cardiac Reconditioning team will develop an individualised cardiac management plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients who have recently had cardiac surgery, or who have been in hospital for, or require management of cardiac illness/disease.
The program aims:
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist, who will develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them regain independence and resume their day to day life.
The aims of our Cardiac Reconditioning Program include improving:
- Cardio-vascular fitness
- General muscle strength and flexibility
- Physical, psychological, and social recovery
- Cardiac illness/disease and reducing it’s progression
- Lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- Successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- Physiotherapy with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing general strength, endurance, functional and mobility
- Exercise physiology
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques
- Dietetics involving education about eating for heart health
- Information about medication management
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathology
- Rehabilitation physicians and medical officers
- Cardiac nurses
Access our referral form here